Nebojsa Karac was born on December 3, 1966. in Donji Vrbljani, Ribnik municipality. He finished primary school in Donji Vrbljani and medical high school in Banja Luka.
He was a councilor in the Assembly of the Municipality of Ribnik for three terms, and in two terms he performed the function of the President of the Assembly of the Municipality of Ribnik.
Participant in the defense of the patriotic war from 1991-1995. years.
He is married and father of two children.
The mayor is competent to:
- proposes the Statute of the municipality,
- proposes decisions and other general acts to the Assembly,
- prepares a draft and submits to the Assembly for adoption the annual budget, annual balance sheet, economic plan, development plan, investment program, spatial and urban plan and other planning and regulatory documents related to land use and management, including the use of public land,
- informs the Assembly on all issues within the competence of the Municipality, its rights and obligations,
- implements local policy in accordance with the decisions of the Assembly, executes the municipal budget and ensures the implementation of decisions and other acts of the Assembly,
- executes laws and other regulations of the Republic and the city, the execution of which is entrusted to the Municipality,
- makes a decision on the establishment of the municipal administrative service,
- adopts the Rulebook on the organization and systematization of jobs of the municipal administrative service,
- adopts the Civil Protection Plan of the Municipality and ensures its implementation,
- realizes the cooperation of the Municipality with other municipalities, cities, international and other organizations, in accordance with the decisions and conclusions of the Municipal Assembly and its relevant working bodies,
- gives consent to the Statute and other general acts of companies and institutions founded by the Municipality,
- gives consent to the prices of communal and other services within the competence of the Municipality, in accordance with the regulations,
- submits a report to the Assembly on its work and the work of the municipal administrative service,
- initiates the suspension of the regulation of the Municipal Assembly, general or individual act until the decision of the competent court, if it considers that it is contrary to the Constitution and the law,
- concludes contracts on behalf of the Municipality, in accordance with this Statute and acts of the Municipal Assembly,
- decides in the second instance on appeal against the first-instance decisions of the municipal administrative service, if the republic authorities are not competent to resolve them,
- is responsible for the legality of all acts proposed by the Municipal Assembly, makes decisions on the disposal of funds in the manner prescribed by this Statute,
- performs other tasks determined by the Law and the Statute of the Municipality.